SE 54th Ave
Portland, OR 97206
To continue to apply my technical and creative skills to the entertainment
10+ years experience in the electronic games industry.
4 additional years in 3D modeling and design.
Crucial Games, LLC,
Portland, OR, 2007-present
-Formed Crucial Games after
a publisher expressed interest in our 'Cannon Battle' game.
-Assembled team of industry veterans to develop the game.
-Took the project through
contract negotiations with the publisher. Deal fell through in early 2009
after the economic crash.
-Conceived and initiated
innovative Kinect/Move project. Recruited a well-established game studio with
Kinect and Move experience as a partner.
IATSE Local 28,
Portland, OR, 2011-present
This is a side job that I
do occasionally when they need me and I have the time.
WWE Monday Night Raw television show.
-Carpenter, Wheel of
Fortune television show.
-Grip, Roger Waters: The
Wall live concert.
Liquid Development, Portland, OR, 2006-2007
- Create art assets for major video games using 3D Studio MAX and the Unreal
Developer / Entrepreneur
WakeKite, Portland, OR, 2004-2006
- Co-developed, tested, and promoted a new extreme sports product. WakeKite
was ultimately purchased by Hyperlite, a leading wakeboard manufacturer.
Adherion, Portland, OR 2004-2005
- Designed branded Flash games. Focused on seamlessly integrating brand
messages with enjoyable and engaging gameplay.
Game Designer/Level Designer
Cryo Studios North America / DH Interactive, Portland, OR, 1998-2001
Game Designer, 'Universal Monsters: Dracula' Video Game (cancelled in
- Wrote all design documentation for the project.
- Led Design team through pre-production; moderated design meetings.
- Extensively researched Dracula, vampires, Transylvania, London, Universal Monsters.
- Adapted the Dracula legend to create a compelling interactive experience.
- With Lead Level Designer and Lead Programmer, evaluated and selected from
several major commercial 3D game engines.
Level Designer and Co-Game Designer, 'Hellboy: Asylum Seeker' Video Game.
- As member of the design team, contributed to all aspects of the game
- Built levels and created interactive and non-interactive animated sequences
using proprietary scripting language and 3D level editor.
- Worked with engineering team to augment and modify scripting language and
- Ordered, approved and implemented character animations. Mapped controls for
- Approved all environment art assets. Worked with art team to tweak as
- Wrote dialog that was directly approved by Hellboy's creator.
Aramat Productions, Wilsonville, OR, 1996-1998
Artist, 'Dead Unity' Video Game (cancelled in production).
Used 3D Studio MAX to create prerendered background art for this ’Resident
Evil'-type PlayStation adventure game.
Created collision data and trigger info using proprietary 3DS Max plugins.
Artist, 'Decopolis' Video Game (cancelled in production).
Created prerendered background art. This project was essentially similar to
Aerostar International, Sioux Falls, SD, 1993-1995
- Designed 'special shape' hot air balloons and other custom inflatables in a
- Developed and refined system for using 3D AutoCAD models to design
inflatables. This allowed Aerostar to produce more complex shapes than had
previously been possible.
- Developed system for using 3D digitizer to design internal structure of
helium parade balloons.
- Lead Designer on several high-profile projects, including a Space Shuttle
inflatable (1:1 scale), F-16 decoy inflatable, 20' Honda 4-Trax inflatable,
'Nozark' and 'Grocery Bag' special shape hot air balloons, and more. Also
worked on projects for the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade, the Disney theme
parks, and Pink Floyd.
- Used 3D Studio to create conceptual renderings of proposed inflatables for
Aerostar's sales team.
Family Entertainment Concepts, Boulder, CO, 1992-1993
- Founded 3D animation business which served as an exclusive subcontractor to
CompuMotion of Denver.
- Artist and Animator, 'Spelvin Goolie: Private Eyeball' educational CD-ROM.
- Created several forensic animations, including auto accident simulations
and medical visualizations.
- Created a visualization of a groundwater contaminant remediation proposal
for the PR department of a major petroleum company.
Professional Training Center, Denver, CO, 1992
Hennepin Technical College, Eden Prairie, MN, 1992
AutoCAD 3D Modeling
University of Colorado, Boulder, CO, 1991
Computer Graphics and CAD
Normandale Community College, Bloomington, MN, 1990
Northern State University, Aberdeen, SD, 1984-1986
Art and General Studies